This is an enormous chain and I’m sorry, but I need to say this:
The laws in the Old Testament were set forth by god as the rules the Hebrews needed to follow in order to be righteous, to atone for the sin of Adam and Eve and to be able to get into Heaven. That is also why they were required to make sacrifices, because it was part of the appeasement for Original Sin.
According to Christian theology, when Jesus came from Heaven, it was for the express purpose of sacrificing himself on the cross so that our sins may be forgiven. His sacrifice was supposed to be the ultimate act that would free us from the former laws and regulations and allow us to enter Heaven by acting in his image. That is why he said “it is finished” when he died on the cross. That is why Christians don’t have to circumcise their sons (god’s covenant with Jacob), that is why they don’t have to perform animal sacrifice, or grow out their forelocks, or follow any of the other laws of Leviticus.
When you quote Leviticus as god’s law and say they are rules we must follow because they are what god or Jesus wants us to do, what you are really saying, as a Christian, is that Christ’s sacrifice on the cross was invalid. He died in vain because you believe we are still beholden to the old laws. That is what you, a self-professed good Christian, are saying to your god and his son, that their plan for your salvation wasn’t good enough for you.
So maybe actually read the thing before you start quoting it, because the implications of your actions go a lot deeper than you think.
/An atheist who understands Christian theology better than Bible-thumpers do.
I’m going to fucking memorize this shit.
All of the above. ^
Fucking EXACTLY WHAT I WAS TOLD IN CHURCHJ AND BY MY MOM WHEN I WAS GROWING UP.
Dude, seriously. You act like Jesus and believe in him, then you can be forgiven and go into heaven.
The Old Testament laws do not apply anymore.
- syreassa reblogged this from lords-never-worryy
- accumulatedfanzines reblogged this from omgphantastic
- syreassa likes this
- potatoo68 reblogged this from baldy-locks
- junovue reblogged this from omgphantastic
- junovue likes this
- aynakooochelsea likes this
- toro-y-lotus likes this
- misstinyfuture likes this
- alexeeeblah likes this
- even-ifitkillsme likes this
- dar-ian likes this
- phannydan likes this
- int0xicasian likes this
- dulcedelecheicecream likes this
- vastawesomenessofspace reblogged this from omgphantastic
- mellamomargie reblogged this from omgphantastic
- mellamomargie likes this
- its-riannag reblogged this from omgphantastic
- kaitlinherndon likes this
- capturedvertigo reblogged this from goinggoinggong
- insta-k8 likes this
- cynicalparrot reblogged this from row-row-boat
- listeningg reblogged this from baldy-locks
- alexanderohh reblogged this from xoxoluhhz
- babyfayy25 likes this
- pattyisafaggot reblogged this from claudineeeey
- roachstahh reblogged this from cyndaaquiil
- claudineeeey reblogged this from omgphantastic
- thavry-ck reblogged this from omgphantastic
- elegantems reblogged this from eebreezy
- vivishivers reblogged this from omgphantastic
- ayenakoalyssa reblogged this from efffinbee
- uyenchauu likes this
- uunic0rnacid likes this
- siubb reblogged this from kathybabycakes
- holyshitimtrippen reblogged this from irishgin
- miminguyener reblogged this from omgphantastic
- helloimbrianna likes this
- huynhpaulalala likes this
- lords-never-worryy reblogged this from jeremyyyyyy
- totallytrishaa likes this
- miaxsayshi likes this
- positively-blonde likes this
- l0vemeatmydarkest likes this
- 970108 reblogged this from omgphantastic
- kellychuu reblogged this from omgphantastic
- jenny-minjoo likes this
- drdarkstrider reblogged this from coolsk8rdude
- drdarkstrider likes this